Saturday, March 30, 2019

NEXTRUSH UNPLUGGED: SATURDAY NIGHT VERSION



Music Link:




Gloria Gaynor with "I Will Surive", one of the top songs at the end of March 1979.

It was forty years ago that a worldwide media sensation was unleashed suggesting that a lot of people would not survive because of an incident at Three Mile Island right here in my own backyard.

I guess you could say the mainstream media gave us the "Nuclear Disaster Hoax" which was their way of doing the "Russian Collusion Hoax" back then.

But first another thing to remember, tomorrow is March 31st.

Its a day to remember.

Before I get on with this I remember as a teenager being confronted by another teenager, a girl, with a message for me.

It went like this:   


"You're sizing me up, you're looking at me like I'm a piece of meat"


Of course, I could never have admitted to that back then.   I was too holy and self-righteous and "Born Again" to admit I was wrong as she sensed my wrong.

But yes I was dehumanizing her at that moment.

Dehumanization of another human being was in full swing for 13 days 14 years ago with the starvation killing of Terri Schiavo as the behest of her own husband who afterwards married his girlfriend.

Mark Fuhrman, the former LAPD detective, wrote a book "Silent Witness" that got more into the saga of the untold story of her death.

Its time to remember Terri Schiavo......


Music Links:






"I feel calmer in Harrisburg than I did in New York City"


Somebody said that during a phone in show on WCMB Radio in Harrisburg during the frenzy caused by the mainstream media sensationalizing of Three Mile Island.

The story began on March 28th but it was Friday March 30th when the spreading of fear went into high gear.

I was not home and home being 12 miles from TMI back then in 1979, away at the university.

From there I witnessed the big city and national media going into TMI mode over TMI.

CBS News on the Hour with Douglas Edwards came on Friday morning March 30th at 10am mentioning the million people who lived in the four counties around TMI.

The local media did a lot IMHO to maintain calm as opposed to the national media's over the top treatment of the whole situation.

This is a segment from WGAL-TV with some local media people talking about their experiences with the situation at TMI 40 years ago...



In the here and now the presidential election in Slovakia.  Its a largely symbolic position but the winner is the anti-corruption anti-ruling party candidate Zuzana Caputova.

Here is the BBC News take.....LINK

Tomorrow the election in Ukraine for president with a comedian leading the established candidates again with corruption being a major issue....An analysis of the situation from Chris Brown of CBC News.....LINK

Good Night, God Bless.

Hope you find that next right thing to do and from the Contemporary Christian Music days of my life Keith Green to close things out.

Music Link:

'SO YOU WANNA GO BACK TO EGYPT'-KEITH GREEN







No comments:

Post a Comment