I came back to the newsroom of WGAL-TV producing the 11 O'Clock News on April 15, 1989.
"Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do"
JAMES 1:8 NEW LIVING TRANSLATION BIBLE
In this tumultuous phase of my life I stumbled onto the program that followed up on the monitor namely Dolly Parton's monologue for "Saturday Night Live".
The camera shots accompanying that monologue zooming in on her bosom for laughs and whatever other 'thrills' the audience was seeking.
The tight outfit accentuating her anatomy a far cry from the way WGAL presented Dolly Parton almost 20 years earlier when Porter Wagoner's TV show was seen every morning at 6:30 am...
PORTER WAGONER AND DOLLY PARTON SING 'DADDY WAS AN OLD TIME PREACHER MAN' BASED ON THE TRUE STORY OF HER GRANDFATHER
I first heard Dolly on the radio in November of 1970 as local radio personality "Phil Gardner" (Phil Reaser) well known in Cleveland and Fort Wayne for his radio work did a marathon broadcast for charity...Phil Reaser Retirement...Phil Reaser Testimony
WNOW Radio here in York playing country music something I hadn't really heard before including a sad voiced singer speaking to my youthful fears-anxieties singing this trademark song...
For many people their memories of Dolly Parton may very well be focused on "two things" but for me there's only "one thing" that stood out to me in my youth and beyond her voice.
To be sure I've met lusters male and female obsessed with female breasts.
Nowadays I am reminded of this passage from the Bible that is in multiple locations.
"May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.
A loving doe, a graceful deer---may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be intoxicated with her love..."
PROVERBS 5:18-19 NIV BIBLE
The record does show Dolly Parton married to Carl Dean till the day he died.
In my youth at high school and college levels I was in classes that focused on ancient history and those temples-caves with graven images of male and female anatomy designed to incite sexual passion.
In my lifetime female celebrities and women in general have been targets of my idolatry my lust not the least of which would be a woman Dolly appeared on the big screen with namely the Leftist Jane Fonda.
On more than one occasion Jane was 'exposed' to us in the movies. I read her account making one of those situations 'political' describing it as coercion well that's what one would expect from the ultimately political Jane Fonda.
Heck she was with Lily Tomlin and Dolly Parton in that "9 to 5" movie Lily a woman who has identified herself as a Lesbian.
I am not a Leftist or a Lesbian but I guess I can relate to them in ways other "Conservatives" or "Christians" can't or won't admit they do.
Rush Limbaugh gave us some insight into himself when he called himself a "Male Lesbian". I have lied and I have lusted and more let the record show. I deserve Hell for all my sin.
"The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance"
2 PETER 3:9 ESV BIBLE
And yes, Dolly from time to time would come out on the sympathetic side of feelings towards the LGBTQ community.
I sense her comments were a counterweight to real hypocrisy she witnessed out there among "Christians" in her experience.
I certainly place myself up there among the 'greatest of hypocrites' like the Apostle Paul himself.
I was critical of the LGBTQ community's expressions of lust while living out my own lusts inside and outside my heart.
"And James says in the first chapter 'he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed'.
He said 'a double minded man is unstable in all his ways'.
Are you unstable in your relationship to Christ?
Do you waver in your relationship to Christ?
Or are you totally committed to Christ as Savior and Lord.
Or do you waver about it?
Many of you waver by the way you live.
And Jesus warned the hypocrites people who pretend one thing and live another.
This was his great battle with the hypocrites in the church..."
DR. BILLY GRAHAM IN AUDIO LINKED BELOW STARTING AT 3:40...
No comments:
Post a Comment