Monday, August 5, 2019

NEXTRUSH UNPLUGGED:  LIFE IS 10 PERCENT WHAT HAPPENS TO US AND 90 PERCENT HOW WE REACT TO IT



Music Link:





Good evening.   Hope you're finding serenity and sobriety, some peace in your lives.

Are we going to end up having to non-violently resist an authoritarian government-business structure in our country?

That question comes to mind every time powerful forces say "racism" and "guns" are the problems in the country.


I forgot to mention "hate"......



Its right there in the Ten Commandments.


"Thou shalt not be a racist"



"Thou shalt not use a weapon or own a weapon"



Of course if you're familiar with the texts and the Bible is part of my experience and Yes I recall reading that murder means being angry with someone in my heart in regards to the:


"Thou shalt not kill"



injunction.      I would say that encompasses:



"hate"



But can that notion be defined by government or social media tech conglomerates or is it something in the moral code that is above government.



In the Pledge of Allegiance its:



"One nation under God"



Its appropriate to say that moral values are a mess, that I would say is a true and accurate statement so we see manifestations of murder out there with the media able to magnify its impact world wide.


Dr. Francis Schaeffer wrote that declining moral values would undermine free societies in the end, a dictatorship would emerge.


I was in the room listening to Dr. Schaeffer in 1982 as he suffered through his illness that would end his life in 1984.


A very clear message in favor of defending the First Amendment for the Christian message to be heard in the society.    A good idea.


My experience growing up back then and living my life for decades after hearing Dr. Schaeffer speak was one of preaching to people and talking to people about what was right, but not living the right way.


I call myself a drunk, currently sober, but a drunk just the same who left wreckage behind him.    I am responsible for my moral failings.


I can't blame it on others,  I can't say the Left did the wrong things I did, I can say the Right is to blame and racism, sexism or homophobia etc. etc.    The liberals and the leftists didn't do it either.


I did wrong blaming the people or the circumstances for my wrongdoing.


When bad things happened, I opted to do the wrong things in response.



The insane killers out there seem to have the mentality of seeing bad things in the world around them and drawing conclusions that their wrongdoing in these mass murder scenarios they choose to create is not their problem, but somebody's else's causing bad situations in the world.


God Bless El Rushbo for letting us know there are moral problems out there.


I see moral problems and realize they are out there but my challenge is to live the moral life in my life in the moments I am living.


I said hello to a Walmart employee Sunday morning when I shopped because I considered how many of the folks at Walmart are hurt in literal and not so literal ways by Saturday's horror and I wanted to send a better message.  I wanted to do the right thing in that moment......




Music Links:



'STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES'-MAC DAVIS



'MOTHER'S LITTLE HELPER'-THE ROLLING STONES



Intoxication is something to think about when I think about the killers out there.  Pills and other things intoxicate and I've come to believe in universal means of intoxication from money to sex to food and the list goes on.


I am a mature adult and I consider my own intoxication when I consider my offspring and what's been passed down through the generations.


Being drunk speaks to those around me and those younger than me and being sober can speak to them as well.



Music Links:



'CATS IN THE CRADLE'-HARRY CHAPIN



'MISSISSIPPI'-JOHN PHILLIPS



John Phillips of "Mamas and Papas" fame doing a solo song I remember because the country music station I listened to around 1971 or so had a broad playlist.

John and his daughter Laura, better known as "McKenzie Phillips", both had their drug experiences as part of their histories.


The world is moving along tonight and I saw this explosion on the television news right after dinner from Russia.   It looks like a mushroom cloud.   The BBC News website wrote a story with the video of what is said to be an explosion at an ammunition dump....LINK      The Tass News Agency report on this.......LINK.


North Korea firing two more missiles from the western part of the country eastwards into the Sea of Japan.    The joint US-South Korea military exercises underway Monday.   From the Yonhap News Agency of South Korea......LINK


China being designated as a currency manipulator using devaluation of its currency as a retaliatory measure to President Trump's tariffs on Chinese goods with a new set announced last week set to take effect September 1st.

From the White House an executive order late Monday on Venezuelan government assets in the USA which translates into headlines saying the US has imposed an embargo on Venezuela.

US policy now puts Venezuela in the ranks of North Korea, Iran, Syria and Cuba.

The "Wall Street Journal" reports.......LINK


India decided to change the status of Kashmir which ratchets up tensions with Pakistan.   India wanting to assert authority over the majority Muslim territory which was given autonomy when India became an independent nation in 1947.     A commentary on this and I label it commentary that is strongly opinionated from the  "Moon of Alabama" site.....



."MOON OF ALABAMA" ON INDIA AND KASHMIR



I will link to a speaker to close tonight instead of music......



He spoke in 2017 at the age of 90, a man who tells others.......




"I am an alcoholic"




Clancy tells his listeners his story with much flavor......






















No comments:

Post a Comment