Monday, January 22, 2018

BUNKERVILLE STANDOFF:   CLIVEN BUNDY SPEAKS FOR CONSTITUTIONAL ACTION IN MONTANA




"We have a Constitution!  Good Heavens!   The battle's already been fought for us......"


"And that if you break any rules or regulations you're going to go to a federal court?  Then you come to me and want me to help you?  You signed the bottom of that contract.  I didn't sign it.


You guys gotta think about this.  Remember what I said, my 15 second defense was:  I grazed my cattle on county land, and I have no contract with the federal government for over 25 years.   That's why, when I go to court, I haven't been able to make this point, but someday I will:  I don't plea guilty, and I plea innocent.   I don't play no thing.    I don't recognize this court has any jurisdiction over my land that I graze cattle on, over my right, over my home.   So what I ask you to do today here is to act like Montanans.  Act like you have a county government.   Act like you understand the Constitution."


Cliven Bundy speaks at "Freedom and Property" event in Paradise, Montana


                                                         1/20/2018




Cliven Bundy spoke for nearly 40 minutes Saturday evening following other speakers on the topic of "Freedom and Property".   A crowd of some 200 people filled the small building giving Bundy a one minute standing ovation before he spoke.

He thanked those who have supported him and his family from the 2014 Bunkerville Standoff through his 700 days of imprisonment.

Bundy reminded his listeners about the need for state and local officials to stand up for local ownership of the land and when he asked members of the audience who he should be angry with and they suggested various national names like Obama, Clinton or Harry Reid, he mentioned the Cattle Brand Inspector of the State of Nevada instead.

As he concluded his speech Bundy expressed his desire "for everybody in this world to forgive each other".

There were left-wing protesters outside the meeting and Ryan Bundy stood and listened to one woman who was holding a sign saying "Bundy=White Privilege".

A very peaceful scene it was and a reminder that   the Bundy's  are not "militants" or "extremists".

The "New York Times" reported that Ryan Bundy said in an interview that he has no plans for confrontation with the federal government, but would do "whatever it takes" to protect the freedom of his family to use the land.

"I am not a subject, I am not a slave, and I am not a serf, and I will not a serf, and I will not be treated as such",  Bundy said in the interview.

Links are below two parts of Cliven Bundy's Saturday night speech.



Cliven Bundy Speaks Part Two


No comments:

Post a Comment