Real News Daily and Unrestrained Commentary Every Saturday "Unplugged" Post and on Other Occasions
Saturday, August 15, 2026
NEXTRUSH UNPLUGGED WEEKEND*ISRAELI OFFENSIVE SOUTHERN LEBANON*TRUMP DEFENDS HIGHER GAS PRICES, IRAN WAR*ON THE ROAD*ARE YOU ON THE WAY TO BECOMING THE PERSON THAT JESUS WANTS YOU TO BE?*
(SOME MATERIAL MAY BE DISTURBING OR OFFENSIVE)
(OPERATING IN HOLIDAY VACATION MODE POSTING LIMITED AS ABLE)
THE PRICE OF GASOLINE IN NORTHEASTERN OHIO IN AND AROUND CLEVELAND RISING 30 CENTS IN RECENT DAYS.
THAT'S ONE THING I'VE SEEN ON MY TRAVELS AND IT'S BEEN REPORTED AS SUCH BY THE LOCAL MEDIA...CLEVLAND.COM
Your host on the road for a brief vacation this weekend reminding me of a song from the late 1960' s recorded by a family group that got their own prime time TV special I remember Buddy Ebsen being used as the 'narrator' to tell us about The Cowsills...
"INDIAN LAKE"-THE COWSILLS
"TENNESSEE MOUNTAIN HOME"-DOLLY PARTON
"SWEET SWEET SONG OF SALVATION"-LARRY NORMAN
Larry Norman singing a classic song on the front end of what in the 1970's would be dubbed "Christian Rock".
For some it was descriptive terminology for many others a term of derision Larry Norman accused of bringing 'the devil's music' into the church.
"I am the true vine, and my father is the gardener.
He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.
You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you.
Remain in me, as I remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
I am the vine, you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing."
JOHN 15:1-5 NIV BIBLE
"Are you on your way to becoming the person that Jesus wants you to be. You don't have to be there yet the question is are you moving in the right direction?
Do you see your life going in a trajectory that's actually producing in you the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
Do you see yourself becoming the person that God wants you to be?
And I also want you to play out the movie?
If you continue to do the same things you're doing now where will you be in one, five, ten years?
Think about your life holistically.
Think about the way that you treat food, the way that you handle your finances, the way that you actually interact with the people around you.
The way that you treat your spouse. The way that you treat your kids or your parents.
If you continue to do that where will you be one, five and ten years down the road.
If you're looking a pornography regularly where will you be one, five and ten years from now...
If you're drinking to excess where will you be one, five and ten years down the road...
PASTOR JEFF SMITH AT 57:44 INTO THE VIDEO LINKED BELOW...
No comments:
Post a Comment